The CVFSA is committed to providing leadership in the fire service across Canada through excellence, innovation, education, quality leadership and management.
We are committed to deliver support to volunteer fire services in order that they can meet the needs of the communities they serve.
We take pride in what we do and measure our success by the satisfaction of our members and our communities.
To benefit the community by maintaining and strengthening Canadian Volunteer fire services through the provision of education and training, administration and organizational standards for volunteer firefighter units across Canada.
What We Do
Representing the specific interest of volunteer firefighters in Canada, the CVFSA;
- Holds a seat on the National Advisory Council to the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
- Holds a seat on the Board of the Canadian Fallen Firefighter Foundation
- Provides Fundraising opportunities to volunteer departments
- Presents annually the CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Offers Municipal Long Service Medals to volunteer firefighter with 30 plus years of service
- Supports and promotes volunteer recruitment and retention across Canada
- Supports Health and Safety for volunteer fire departments
Benefits of Membership
- Accident insurance from $10,000 to $50,000
- Optional First Responder Assistance Program (FRAP) for volunteer fire departments
- CVFSA Window Decal
- Attend and participate in the CVFSA’s Annual Conference/AGM
- Be part of an organization respected throughout Canada
- Receive CVFSA newsletters
- Call on the Association’s office for information and statistics
- Develop a network with other volunteer firefighters across Canada
- Members are eligible for the CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Access to a “Members Only” portion of the CVFSA website
Your membership helps strengthen the voice of volunteer firefighters in Canada
2016 CVFSA Annual General Meeting
On behalf of the Board of Directors I am pleased to invite you to the 2016 Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Volunteer Fire Service Association. This year’s meeting will be held on Saturday September 10, 2016 at the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel, 150 Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1P 5G2 commencing at 08:30.
We are truly honoured this year to have Canada’s Public Safety Minister, Ralph Goodale come and join us, Minister Goodale will present the CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Duracell.
Following the award presentation, it is our pleasure at announce that Chief Les Karpluk will be speaking. Chief Karpluk is no stranger to the Canadian fire service, speaking at numerous conferences across Canada as well as being a regular contributor to Fire Chief in Canada and Fire Fighting in Canada. Les has been an integral part of fire service, sitting on many boards and committees. In 2009 he was named CAFC Chief of the year. If you have heard Chief Karpluk speak before you’ll want to hear him again, if you haven’t heard him you need to be here.
The CVFSA AGM weekend is again held the same weekend as the Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation Memorial Weekend, honoring our colleagues who have made the ultimate sacrifice. The 2016 honourary hosts for the memorial weekend are the Ontario office of the Fire Marshal & Emergency Management.
I look forward to seeing each and everyone one of you at our annual general meeting. We are excited to have Minister Goodale and Chief Karpluk in attendance. On behalf of the CVFSA Directors, please accept our gratitude and heartfelt thanks for your membership and support.
- 2016 “CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award”©
- 2016 AGM guest speaker
- The Wonderful World of Magic
- 2016 CVFSA Annual General Meeting
- The year 2013-14 (our fifteenth) year in review by the CVFSA and the highlights of our annual general meeting
- Fire Chief Malcolm E. Noble – Recipient of the 2014 Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Lifetime Achievement Award©
- New president for CVFSA
- Nominations open for “Lifetime Achievement Award” until May 22nd
- VFF LODD
- CVFSA-Municipal Long Service Award
2016 “CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award”©Chief Clair W. Prior- Recipient of the 2016 Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Lifetime Achievement Award© The 2016 recipient of this prestigious award is Chief Clair W. Prior, from Irma, Alberta. […]Read more
2016 AGM guest speakerChief Les Karpluk is no stranger to the Canadian fire service, speaking at numerous conferences across Canada as well as being a regular contributor to Fire Chief in Canada […]Read more
The Wonderful World of MagicThe Canadian Volunteer Fire Services is presenting their 8th Annual Wonderful World of Magic on Tuesday, November 15th at the Italian Cultural Centre, 3075 Slocan Ave. Vancouver, providing entertainment and […]Read more
2016 CVFSA Annual General MeetingOn behalf of the Board of Directors I am pleased to invite you to the 2016 Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Volunteer Fire Service Association. This year’s meeting will […]Read more
The year 2013-14 (our fifteenth) year in review by the CVFSA and the highlights of our annual general meetingMembers of the national Board arrived in Ottawa on Wednesday afternoon on September 10th to begin talks on Thursday morning. The photo below shows the entire group from across this […]Read more
Fire Chief Malcolm E. Noble – Recipient of the 2014 Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Lifetime Achievement Award©For a fifth year the Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association conducted a National search to name one of Canada’s best volunteer firefighters based upon a prescribed criteria. The award is […]Read more
New president for CVFSAThe CVFSA Board of Directors wish to announce that they have accepted the resignation of Troy Mutch from the positions of President and Alberta Director for the Canadian Volunteer Fire […]Read more
Nominations open for “Lifetime Achievement Award” until May 22ndThere is only 45 days left to submit your nominations to the CVFSA “Lifetime Achievement Award . This remarkable recognition of a volunteer firefighter, volunteer-on-call firefighter, or fire officer will […]Read more
VFF LODDCultus Lake, BC. Brian Smyth was a volunteer member of the Columbia Valley Volunteer Fire Department for seven years. This past Wednesday he suffered a heart attack while fighting a […]Read more
CVFSA-Municipal Long Service AwardThe CVFSA-Municipal Long Service Award is available from the CVFSA to municipal units who wish to recognize members of their volunteer firefighting community. This medal ensures that a national standard […]Read more