You can now submit your nomination for the 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nominations are due by May 01st 2020. Nominations received after May 01st may be considered for 2021.
For over ten years the CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award has been a benchmark tradition of the Canadian Fire Service to recognize and honour an individual whose remarkable achievements in the fire service and community exemplifies outstanding performance. To be considered for the award, nominees must have been a volunteer firefighter for at least twenty (20) years. Each nominee will be judged on the following criteria:
- Nominee has demonstrated superior dedication to the volunteer fire service and has served as a volunteer firefighter, volunteer fire officer or paid on-call volunteer firefighter or fire officer.
- Nominees have distinguished themselves by a proven record of sustained exceptional service beyond their own community such as in their provincial firefighters’ association or a regional fire safety group.
- Nominee has demonstrated community impact through the fire service or other volunteer activities. The selection committee will consider contributions made to other volunteer community service groups such as the local food bank, minor hockey/sports groups, Lions, Kinsmen and Rotary type of community service groups.
This award is sponsored by Duracell Canada, First Alert, FireBozz, Scotty Firefighter products and other companies who put together a substantial prize and legacy package for the winning recipient. The selection of the “CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award” © recipient will be determined through a Canada wide nomination process. Nominations must be received by the CVFSA through an email to; Mark.P@CVFSA.ca or via Canada Post to: Attention – Lifetime Achievement Award, CVFSA – Suite 100, 5-2600 Skymark Avenue, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 5B2.
Nomination packets must include at least:
- Nomination form with a 500-word essay describing the nominee’s accomplishments in and dedication to the volunteer fire service.
- Detailed resume or background sheet of at least two pages typed or printed and as detailed as possible containing an overview of the individual’s experience, education or other pertinent information.
- At least three (3) letters of recommendation (or more) supporting the nominee clearly showing the name, affiliation and address of the submitter.
- Can not be submitted by a family member
- May include three (3) additional supporting documents, such as newspaper articles or other supporting documents.
- The individual nominated is not required to be a member of the CVFSA, but the nomination form must be submitted by a registered CVFSA member in good standing, municipal corporate member or fire department member of the CVFSA. (if you are not a member you can join on-line at: cvfsa.ca
- Submissions must be in by 16:00h, May 01st or post marked before that time & date. (no extensions)
- The recipient must be a Canadian citizen.
- A nomination may be resubmitted on an individual who was unsuccessful from a previous year.
The winner will receive transportation, airfare, hotel and meals to attend the next CVFSA annual convention.
Questions may be directed to Mr. Mark Pound, Chairperson for the CVFSA Awards Committee. Mark.P@CVFSA.ca