MSA and the Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association (CVFSA) are working together to provide the most innovative and up-to-date technology to help first responders improve their health and safety. That’s why two volunteer firefighters in Canada will receive a personalized MSA Cairns® XF1 Fire Helmet in 2021.
About the Helmet
The jet-style design of the Cairns XF1 Fire Helmet reduces snag hazards, provides a personalized fit, and houses its own integrated light module. Plus, the soft goods are removable, washable, and replaceable, helping firefighters align with cancer awareness programs as written by the Firefighter Cancer Support Network.
- REDUCED SNAGS: The Cairns XF1 has been engineered as much for comfort and fit as safety. The most obvious feature is what it lacks – the XF1 is brimless. While untraditional, the lack of a brim makes it easier to crawl into tight spaces and retain your helmet.
- INTEGRATED ACCESSORIES: The Cairns XF1 offers several optional accessories, like a secondary (ocular) visor, lighting, and communications. All are integrated seamlessly into the design, retaining its sleek profile.
- EASY TO CLEAN: The Cairns XF1’s modular design allows it to be quickly disassembled for thorough inspection, care, and maintenance. Plus, the helmet’s soft goods are removable, washable, and replaceable – all without the use of tools.
- LIGHTING THE WAY: A compact light accessory is housed inside the helmet, reducing exposure to heat, flames, and impact. The strategic placement of LED lights on either side of the helmet improves visibility in dark conditions without detracting from others’ vision.
- PERSONALIZED FIT: Several easy-to-find adjustments can be made, enabling the fire helmet fit to be customized to the individual. When it’s all said and done, the XF1 doesn’t just fit firefighters – it fits most of them comfortably.
- CUSTOMIZED LOOK: The Cairns XF1 is available in four colors – black, white, yellow, and red – and two finishes, matte and glossy, for firefighters to choose a look that fits their style. Front plates, in a variety of colors, black pre-printed and custom printed options, are available.
Approvals: NFPA 1971-2018 Structural Firefighting, NFPA 1951-2013 Rescue and Recovery
Sizes: Medium, Large
Click here for the helmet product page and specifications.
To be eligible to enter, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member in good standing of the CVFSA.
- One entry allowed per member each quarter; prior winners are not eligible to re-enter.
- Recipient agrees that his/her name, details from entry, and photo may be used in media by MSA and the CVFSA for the purposes of promoting the donation.
- CVFSA Board Members are not eligible for entry.
How to Enter
Volunteer firefighters in Canada who are members in good standing of the CVFSA will have two opportunities to enter to win an XF1 helmet throughout the year.
The first entry period is open now through July 31, 2021. Click here to enter.
Two volunteer firefighters in Canada who are members in good standing of the CVFSA at their time of entry will be selected to each receive one MSA Cairns® XF1 Fire Helmet. One firefighter will be awarded one helmet each calendar quarter starting in August via random selection from the respective quarter’s entry period. Winners will be announced the month following each entry period. Winners will be contacted directly before the public announcement is made.
If you have any questions, contact Chief John McDermott at email@example.com.
At MSA, our business is safety. Our commitment to developing innovative safety solutions is founded on one singular and unchanging mission: “that men and women may work in safety, and that they, their families and their communities may live in health throughout the world.” Our core fire service products include the revolutionary G1 SCBA, Cairns® fire helmets, Globe® turnout gear and boots, ALTAIR® portable gas detection instruments, Evolution® TICs, and the all-new LUNAR search and rescue device. Learn more at MSAfire.com.
About the CVFSA
The Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association (CVFSA) is committed to providing leadership in the fire service across Canada through excellence, innovation, education, quality leadership and management. We are committed to deliver support to volunteer fire services in order that they can meet the needs of the communities they serve. We take pride in what we do and measure our success by the satisfaction of our members and our communities. Learn more at www.cvfsa.ca.