The CVFSA is currently seeking volunteers to serve on the 2017 Awards Committee.
Four candidates are needed to cover four regions of Canada. The committee will consist of five participating members. A chairperson will work with a committee of at least four.
The committee may consist of:
- One individual appointed from Western Canada
- One individual appointed from Central Canada (Quebec or Ontario)
- One individual appointed from Atlantic Canada
- May include one individual from Northern Canada (YK, NT, NU)
Applications are being accepted starting January 02nd 2017. New members will be appointed before February 1st 2017.
Members of this committee will be required to make a selection of candidates or a short list of individuals for the 2017 “CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award”© If you are interested in becoming a member and participating within this committee or if you know of someone who would make a good member, please encourage them to submit an expression of interest. All members of this committee must hold membership in the Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association.
Reply to: Logistics@cvfsa.ca
Successful applicants must demonstrate:
- Knowledge in computer and email programs
- Willingness to participate in teleconferences with committee members
- A balance of education and broad practical experience in the Canadian Fire Services or Emergency Service provider experience
- Any combination of fire service education and experience may be considered.
- Must also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to meet strict confidentiality requirements