The CVFSA is committed to providing leadership in the fire service across Canada through excellence, innovation, education, quality leadership and management.
We are committed to deliver support to volunteer fire services in order that they can meet the needs of the communities they serve.
We take pride in what we do and measure our success by the satisfaction of our members and our communities.
To benefit the community by maintaining and strengthening Canadian Volunteer fire services through the provision of education and training, administration and organizational standards for volunteer firefighter units across Canada.
What We Do
Representing the specific interest of volunteer firefighters in Canada, the CVFSA;
- Holds a seat on the National Advisory Council to the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
- Holds a seat on the Board of the Canadian Fallen Firefighter Foundation
- Provides Fundraising opportunities to volunteer departments
- Presents annually the CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Offers Municipal Long Service Medals to volunteer firefighter with 30 plus years of service
- Supports and promotes volunteer recruitment and retention across Canada
- Supports Health and Safety for volunteer fire departments
Benefits of Membership
- Accident insurance from $10,000 to $50,000
- Optional First Responder Assistance Program (FRAP) for volunteer fire departments
- CVFSA Window Decal
- Attend and participate in the CVFSA’s Annual Conference/AGM
- Be part of an organization respected throughout Canada
- Receive CVFSA newsletters
- Call on the Association’s office for information and statistics
- Develop a network with other volunteer firefighters across Canada
- Members are eligible for the CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Access to a “Members Only” portion of the CVFSA website
Your membership helps strengthen the voice of volunteer firefighters in Canada
Looking back on this year, it’s exciting to see what the Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association (CVFSA) has been accomplishing as an organisation, and how it is working to be the voice of the Canadian volunteer firefighters. From the outset, I need to thank the...read more
The service bar pin is available from the CVFSA to municipal units or fire departments who wish to recognize members of their volunteer firefighting community. This service bar pin ensures that a national standard is maintained as to appearance, presentation, and...read more