DIRECTOR OF PROTECTIVE SERVICES (FIRE CHIEF)
The Town of Inuvik is proud to have a strong volunteer Fire Department. We are looking for an individual to lead the department in all aspects of fire services critical to the safety and quality of life of the community.
We are pleased to offer the following career opportunity:
DIRECTOR OF PROTECTIVE SERVICES (FIRE CHIEF) – PERMANENT FULL TIME
Competition closes at 4:00 p.m. on Friday March 9th 2018
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Hold the following NFPA Certifications (1001,1002, 1021, 1031, and 1033)
- Have at least ten years’ experience firefighting as an officer and at least 5 years of service in a leadership role managing staff and/or volunteers
- Be understanding of the northern cultural, rural and political environment
- Have excellent leadership, administrative and organizational skills, including the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Have a valid Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a Class 5 NT Driver’s License
The preferred candidate will also; in addition to the requirements above:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in fire protection technology or a closely related field
- Hold licenses or certifications as an ECFO (CFO) and/or NFPA 1041 level II (Fire Instructor)
- Equivalencies recognizing related education and experience may be considered
The current starting salary is $53.88 per hour (approx. $ 105,066 per annum) with a Northern Allowance of approximately $ 13,837 per annum.
Please refer to the position description for more details regarding expectations and responsibilities. A job description is available at the Town Office upon request. For more information, contact Paul Watters, Human Resources Officer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Paul Watters, Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 777-8603
Fax: (867) 777-8601
Town of Inuvik • PO Box 1160 • 2 Firth Street • Inuvik, Northwest Territories • X0E 0T0
Phone: (867) 777-8600 • Fax: (867) 777-8601 • Web: Inuvik.ca