Volunteers required to serve on the 2021 CVFSA Awards Committee
The CVFSA is currently seeking volunteers to serve on the 2021 Awards Committee.
The committee will consist of six participating members, including a chairperson, and five candidates are currently needed to establish the committee. For quorum to be present, the chairperson will work with a committee of at least four members.
- One individual appointed from Western Canada
- One individual appointed from Central Canada (Quebec or Ontario)
- One individual appointed from Atlantic Canada
- May include one individual from Northern Canada (YK, NT, NU)
- One member from Aboriginal / First Nations / Métis Communities
Applications are being accepted starting January 25th 2021.
Members of this committee will be required to make a selection of candidates or a short list of individuals for the 2021 “CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award”. Further duties include the selection of candidates for the Don McKee & James Hayter Scholarship Funds. If you are interested in becoming a member and participating within this committee or if you know of someone who would make a good member, please encourage them to submit an expression of interest. All members of this committee must hold membership in the Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association or be willing to hold membership in the Association.
Reply to: Mark.P@cvfsa.ca and CC: J.Mcdermott@cvfsa.ca
Successful applicants must demonstrate:
- Knowledge in computer and email programs
- Willingness to participate in Zoom/teleconferences with committee members
- A balance of education and broad practical experience in the Canadian Fire Services or an Emergency Service provider experience
- Any combination of fire service education and experience may be considered.
- Must also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to meet strict confidentiality requirements
- Committee may use Facetime, Skype or Zoom to communicate.
- Would like the committee to include at least one French-speaking bilingual member