You can now submit your nomination for the 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award
The Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association’s “CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award”©, in partnership with Duracell Canada Inc. and their partners, annually honours an individual whose remarkable achievements in the fire service and community exemplifies outstanding performance. To be considered for the award, nominees must have been a volunteer firefighter or volunteer-on-call firefighter for at least twenty (20) years. Each nominee will be judged on the following criteria:
- Nominee has made a major contribution or has achieved significant accomplishments in the volunteer fire service on a local/municipal, provincial, and/or national level. (more than local community) Has contributed to the success of the fire service outside of their own jurisdiction.
- Nominee has demonstrated superior dedication to the volunteer fire service and has served as a volunteer firefighter or paid on call volunteer firefighter for at least twenty (20) years.
- Nominee has been active in their provincial firefighters’ association or beyond their own community.
- Nominee has demonstrated community impact through the fire service or other volunteer activities. The selection committee will consider contributions made to other volunteer community service groups such as the Lions, Kinsmen, Red Cross and Rotary type of community service, in addition to the work done as a firefighter.
The selection of the “CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award”© recipient will be determined through a Canada wide nomination process. Nominations must be received by the CVFSA through the online form or at the address below by June 5th, 2020. The recipient of the 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award will be recognized at the CVFSA Annual Conference and AGM, September 2020 and will receive the prize package as shown below. (list not complete yet)
Duracell and their proud partners are excited to be providing a prize package as shown below:
- Trip to conference location, to attend annual conference and meeting presented to the winner.
- Complimentary 1-year CVFSA Personal Membership presented to the winner.
- Crafted personalized limited edition mouth blown, hand cut crystal vase trophy to the winner.
- Place in the CVFSA history page on the Association’s web site (Value Priceless) for the winner.
- 200 First Alert smoke alarm units donated to your community or fire department
- A donation will be made to your local Community Food Bank or Home & School Association
- Scott Plastics / Scotty Firefighter products
- FireBozz equipment package
- Two paid nights at or near the site of the annual conference – – compliments of Duracell
- Airfare or travel from the winner’s home to Wolfville conference center.
- While at the conference you will be given a daily restaurant credit for your meals
- Dinner with the National Board of Directors or the National President
- and there is more to come! (Prizes are subject to substitution)
Nomination packets must include:
- Nomination form
- 500-word essay describing the nominee’s accomplishments in and dedication to the volunteer fire service.
- Detailed resume or background sheet of up to four (4) pages containing an overview of the individual’s experience, education, or other pertinent information.
- Up to three (3) additional letters of recommendation supporting the nominee are optional
- No more than four (4) additional supporting documents, such as articles or additional recommendation letters (optional). Please note that only the first six additional supporting documents submitted will be reviewed.
- The individual nominated is not required to be a member of the CVFSA but the nomination form must be submitted by a registered CVFSA member in good standing. If you want to submit a nomination and are not a member of the CVFSA it’s easy to join on-line at www.cvfsa.ca and it’s inexpensive to do so.
- Nominations cannot be submitted by a direct family member residing in the same home.
- Please note – if chosen, award recipient must submit a digital photo to be used for CVFSA newsletters, web sites, etc.
- Only one award will be presented each year to one volunteer firefighter or fire officer. The individual must be a Canadian citizen. (we do not accept nominations for a group or fire company – individuals only)
Nominations are due by June 5th, 2020.
(Nominations received after June 5th may be considered for 2021 award)
If mailing your application, send to our business office AND mark your envelope on the outside
ATTENTION: Lifetime Achievement Award
Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association
5-2600 Skymark Ave., Suite 100
Phone: 902-670-1395 or 877-920-2111 (No Fax number available)
Email Us: Mark.P@cvfsa.ca or John.M@cvfsa.ca
Nominations are accepted till June 5th 2020.
The 2019 “CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award”© is sponsored by Gold Corporate Member Duracell Canada Inc. and their partners. Partners include Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association, and First Alert.
Questions may be directed to Mark Pound, Chairperson for the, 2020 “CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award”
Phone: 902-670-1395 Email: Mark.P@cvfsa.ca
If you make a nomination to this program on-line, you should receive a reply email within 48 hours letting you know we received the nomination and all the required documentation. If sent via Canada Post allow ten days for a reply. If not, resubmit your nomination or contact us using Martin.B@cvfsa.ca