We are committed to deliver support to volunteer fire services in order that they can meet the needs of the communities they serve.
We take pride in what we do and measure our success by the satisfaction of our members and our communities.
Representing the specific interest of volunteer firefighters in Canada, the CVFSA;
- Holds a seat on the National Advisory Council to the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
- Holds a seat on the Board of the Canadian Fallen Firefighter Foundation
- Provides Fundraising opportunities to volunteer departments
- Presents annually the CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Offers Municipal Long Service Medals to volunteer firefighter with 30 plus years of service
- Supports and promotes volunteer recruitment and retention across Canada
- Supports Health and Safety for volunteer fire departments
Benefits of Membership
- Accident insurance from $10,000 to $50,000
- Optional First Responder Assistance Program (FRAP) for volunteer fire departments
- CVFSA Window Decal
- Attend and participate in the CVFSA’s Annual Conference/AGM
- Be part of an organization respected throughout Canada
- Receive CVFSA newsletters
- Call on the Association’s office for information and statistics
- Develop a network with other volunteer firefighters across Canada
- Members are eligible for the CVFSA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Access to a “Members Only” portion of the CVFSA website
Your membership helps strengthen the voice of volunteer firefighters in Canada
Fire Chief Jeannine Caldbeck – Recipient of the 2021 Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Lifetime Achievement Award©
2021 Lifetime Achievement Award© 2021 Le Prix d’Excellence© CVFSA News Release September 4, 2021 For a twelfth year, the Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association (CVFSA) conducted a National search to name one of Canada’s best volunteer firefighters based upon a...
50 Years of Service CVFSA Municipal Long Service medals awarded to two Lunenburg County (Nova Scotia) Firefighters
50 Years of Service: Today (March 22, 2022) at the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg Council meeting two individuals were presented CVFSA Municipal Long Service medals and a plaque by Mayor Carolyn Bolivar-Getson on behalf of the Municipality of the District...